Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Make-up Routine

My wonderful husband has asked me to write another blog.  Of course I said yes.  (Well…after he asked me a few times….)  At first I didn’t know what to write about.  Then it hit me.  I remember last week when I took my daughter into college with us.  I sat on the front row and my daughter, C.J. sat in the seat next to me.  A lady a few seats over said, “So, you brought you’re little sister to class with you?”

Of course I smiled while my daughter looked at her like she just hit her and said, “No, she’s my mom!”

The lady’s mouth opened and she said, “Are you kidding me?”





I smiled and said, “Nope, she’s right.  I’m her mom.”

She then said, “But you don’t have one wrinkle on your face.  If you don’t mind me asking, how old are you?”

I then told her I was 41.

She then said, “Wow, I thought you were 29 or 30.”

I thanked her.  But it got me thinking about the stuff that I use for my skin and what I use every day, for my make-up.  So, here it is, my favorite beauty products I currently use.

My favorite place to shop is Sephora.  It is a great place to shop for anything that is skin or makeup related. What I use for my skin is Shiseido Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam .  I absolutely love this product.  I love their extra creamy cleansing foam and their wrinkle resist 24 Day Emulsion SPF18. The faom cleansing cream is so gentle on my skin and it smells wonderful. My daughter also uses it, so it comes in all skin types.


I also use sugar scrub for my lips when I wake up and before I go to bed.  Then I put on my lips some EOS lip balm. I love the way it softens my lips plus it tates great, It just makes my lips feel softer.

As for make-up, I really don’t have a lot of time in the morning to do make-up.  I mean, I AM a college student….

I also make sure that I have some lotion with SPF in it to go on my face first.  Don’t forget that.  The sun is BAD!


I love Smashbox PhotoFinish Oil-Free Foundation Primer.  The primer makes your skin feel silky smooth and hydriaded.It just makes the foundation stay all day and night, Which is nice if you have to stay after class for a meeting or something.




Speaking of foundation, my favorite is Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation.  It matches my skin color and its full coverage, even when you use just a tiny bit. And trust me all you need it a tiny little bit.

As for my eyes, my favorite product is Urban Decay's Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette.  I just got this and I love it for fall.  Their eyeshodows are so pigmented and colorful.I also love their eyeshadow primer potion.
For lashes, I love Tarte Cosmetics Lights Camera Lashes Mascara.  It’s a 4 in 1 mascara and it’s great.The reason I love this mascara is it doesn't clump or make your eyelashes like a cartoon character. It makes them look nature which I love.

As for eyebrows, I really like Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow .  I really like its mini brush. It is also small enough I can put it in my makeup bag in my purse, With this you really don't need a eyebrow pencil but you could still use one if you wanted to.

For powder, I like Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder.  A little goes a long way. I love this because it has no color to it. I use it to seal my concealer and put it lightly on my forehead.

I love NARS Dual-Intensity Blush.  The colors are so pretty and easy to use. On most days I like to mix both colors to make a deeper colot but when I want to go for a natural makeup look I just use the lightest shade, Both shades are very pigmented so a little goes a long ways,


I also use ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Contour Kit - Light to Medium.  I only use the light shades since I’m so pale. I do mix the yellow and peach color to high light my face. The lightest shade of the pallet is great for high lighting your cheek bones.



As for coloring my lips, I use everything from MAC lipstick and Kat Von D, to the Sephora brands.  It just depends on what kind of mood I’m in for that day.

Once I have everything done (or what I’m going to call done for that day) I set it all by using Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray 4 oz.


One more thing on why I love Sephora, each time you purchase something you get points.  You can save up those points to get extra makeup.  I got gotten things from Dr. Brandt for skin care to Buxom lip polishes.  They also give you samples of products so you can test them for yourself.

Well, that’s my quick look at my skin care and makeup favorites.  Do you have any favorite skin care or makeup products?  I would love to know some of your favorites, or maybe even have a discussion, so be sure to comment below!

--Lisa




Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage