Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Rant on What Drugs Mean to Me.


This is a hard one to start, because I don’t know if I should start with a disclaimer or not.  In the end, I guess I should.  Let me start by saying that I support legalizing marijuana, but I think that people that use it are a detriment to society, sad people, and weak.

Crazy huh?  I’ve always been a firm believer in the fact that if people want to do it, then they should be allowed to.  Laws are there to protect people, but in the end, if used in moderation the outward effects on society are negligible, and probably not as bad as alcohol.




But the internal effects are sad, and kill me inside whenever I see it.  You can sit back and quote all the medical journals you want, because I’ve seen pot smokers in action.  I’ve seen some of the best people I have ever know start smoking the stuff, and turn into people I have kicked out of my life without a second thought because they’ve become absolute pieces of shit.

And it happens every time, I’ve have NEVER seen an example of someone smoking pot and being worth keeping in my life.  Sometimes its broken my heart, but that breaking happened before I cast them aside.

I could use this entire blog post to rant about examples, I could use it to do so many things, but in the end, what I will use it for will be what I truly want to say to people that use marijuana, including people I have known.

Drugs (including legal drugs) show a weakness in character.  Everyone I’ve ever known says they need it.  Alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, marijuana....  You need it?  Truly?  Why?  Is this beautiful, amazing, wonderful life too hard for you?  How is it that I am stronger than you that I don’t need it?

Fact is, I enjoy the heck out of this life.  Its been a truly awe inspiring experience, and I would NEVER chose to dull my senses, or take anything that has such a long term effect on my body that I might not be able to enjoy more of this life later.



What truly floors me, is when they say, “Well I’m going to die someday.”  Yeah, you could be hit by a bus tomorrow, but at least until then you could at least stay lucid enough to see a sunset, or even a sunrise.  You could go lay in the hammock and read, listening to the birds as they eat from a feeder and drop seeds on you.  Sometimes, you can be still enough to feel the earth move, and realize that you are part of this universe, and its not some silly hallucination.

I’ve seen people throw away their lives for pot, live in squaller, and cast aside the best significant others they’ll ever have.  I had a friend in North Carolina that had a gorgeous girlfriend, she’d come over and rub his shoulder while he smoked pot and played a video game.  The most romantic date they had was going to an ‘exclusive’ restaurant and picking up a six pack on the way home.

So sit there, in your stupor, while the world passes you by.  Its good that you don’t feel any of the pain around you, because then the pain you cause other people by drifting away is lost on you.  Turn your back on this life, because you’ll never reap the rewards I have and will continue reaping by staying completely sober.  You can talk to me all day long about how ‘cool’ your hallucinations are on other drugs, because I have found a spiritual peace with my soul.  I can handle this life and all its pains because the good in this life has floored me again and again.

I have never shed a tear for anyone I’ve kicked out of my life for drug use, and I never will.  From one of the closest friend I’ve ever had, to a former lover who, for a brief moment, tried to live up to what I deserve.  They don’t deserve my tears, for they chose a path that led them away from my life.  I do not mourn them, or care, because good riddance.  Its so much nice to be around people who strive to achieve what humans are capable of achieving, and not finding their joy getting baked in a corner, only striving for their next fix.


Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage