Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Spicetarian Diet.


Okay, I know I’m a picky eater.  I’ve gotten it all my life, but what DO you call it when a person doesn’t like the taste of meat or vegetables?  I mean, besides a crazy person?

I personally call myself, jokingly, a spicetarian.  I love spices, they make things edible.  In the end, I’m gonna list some stuff, and don’t go, “EWWWW!” before you give them a try.  You never know how good something might be before you try it.

Mac and Cheese, a simply harmless diner, but I like to spice it up.  Normally I LOVE to add in hamburger meat.  “But wait,” you say, “you said you didn’t like meat!”  I said I didn’t like the taste of meat.  Enter, A1 Sauce!  Just a little bit on Mac and Cheese, especially with the meat in it, and its such a wonderful taste.  I’ve known MANY people who have said, “GROSS!” to that, but have tried it, and loved it.  Seriously, great stuff.

It takes me several hours to make my spaghetti, or any form of pasta.  The worst part is, I don’t really know how to make my own sauce from scratch, so I get store bought jarred stuff.  That mess always has a weird aftertaste, it doesn’t matter what brand.  But you can get past that....  By simmering it for about 3 hours.  Sounds insane huh?

But it works.  Add in spices along the way.  Basil, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, and Garlic.  Its best to add them in as you go, but you can just throw them all in at the beginning.  In the end, it boils the paste down to a much thicker, darker color sauce, that tastes simply AMAZING.  You really can’t beat that, especially if you prepare your meat the right way.

I cook meat in red wine.  I prefer a Cabernet/Merlot mix, but either of them individually will work.  I take a pound of meat, get my skillet, put about a quarter inch of wine in it, put in the meat, spread it out, add in some Garlic and Basil, maybe others for some more slight flavor, sometimes I’ll put in some mushrooms, then cook it till its dry.  The thing about wine, if you add it into your ground beef, it will cook out all the grease before the meat burns....

That’s just a sampling of my favorite foods.  Simple enough, but convoluted, as I try to avoid that taste of beef, and the taste of tomatoes.  Some people call me crazy, but I know what I like!  At least I’ve gotten used to be called crazy with my food.  I still remember that day when a friend of mine saw me making a sandwich and said, “Wow, you want some bread and sliced meat with all that condiment?”  I can’t help it!  I love flavors!!!

–Dan

Bloggers.com

A Brainless Nod - Find me on Bloggers.com

BlogCatalog

Blog Nation

Writing Blogs

World Bloggers Community

BumpIn

powered by
Bumpin

ReadABlog

Blog Search Engine

RSS and Link Directory

Blogdash

prchecker.info

Alexa

Select

Infolinks

RSStop10

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.

Plazoo

RSS Search

Blogroll

Submit Blog & RSS Feeds

Blogdigger

Facebook Fanpage